Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A note from Brent

Brent here. Decided to share some thoughts with you. I spent last evening only speaking in Spanish. It was hard, but I lasted about three hours and then forgot. I'm getting tired of sleeping on these air mattresses, but its better than the cement floor. No a/c, but we do have sweat and fans to make you feel cooler. I miss my cold dark basement that was so easy to sleep in. I really like the atmosphere of people down here, and using my Spanish...but I don't think I could stay here for a long time. The food has been AMAZING. I pretty much eat more than anyone else. Ramon's wife has been making us food ALL the time, and there is always so much of it. I'm coming back ten lbs. heavier. And also I'm coming back darker. The first few days I got a little darker, but after lifting that cement all day in the sun, I got burnt so bad that I'm darker than some of the people from here.
I have no idea what we are going to do today. I never really know what I'm doing...except that I do what Al tells me to do. This back-breaking work has not killed me yet... but I'm feeling muscles in my back that I never knew were there. Cement is not your friend sometimes. I like it when I walk on it...
Tonight, I think im singing this song I know in Spanish called... A Dios Le Pido by Juanes. You can see it on youtube if you want. The first night here Emily and I sang You Raise Me Up and they really liked it... So here's hoping they like this song too. I'll see everyone when I get back.

-Brent Nanney

1 comment:

  1. You guys are amazing even if you don't know it. God had blessed you with these talents I;m glad your using them.

    Still loving you guys,
    Aundria

    ReplyDelete